What 2009 was for me.. what should 2010 be!

Pyaar Impossible music review
December 31, 2009
Scenes where Five Points Someone and 3 Idiots were similar
January 1, 2010

What 2009 was for me.. what should 2010 be!

It was last Deepawali when I had set a few resolutions, one of them being reduction of the time I spend online. Never happened. I wasted a lot of time online. Got quite few good things but more than that, it was utter time waste and misunderstandings, no serious work done unexpectedly. I want to make it better in 2010.
I won’t set a resolution as I will spend less time online, but should change it to “Should utilize the time for serious work!”.

2009 was not that good, not that bad. For me it wasn’t that bad, but people around me always complained of how the year treated them, making me concerned about it most of the times.

What good happened?

• Twitter changed my lifestyle, I made many new friends there. A few learned something from me, many taught me things, many shared their personal life and feelings, I did the same with them. Overall, it made me feel better always when I used to meet and chat with new people. None of them greedy for something, asking something.. everyone just needed good friendship, good people to interact with. I bet Orkut and Facebook are nowhere ahead of twitter. You get some real good-hearted people out there..
  • One of the best things happened to me, was formation of the Desi Dilwale gang. Online world was once just a medium to make money for me, but it isn’t now. The gang we have there is out for many things – fun, love, joy, and the main – Causes to change the society. We fight for the people, for the good deed. Since August, this gang of ours has been rocking and we enjoy every moment we interact with each other.. I have seriously learned a lot from this gang. Sincere thanks to every member!
  • I passed out the 3rd year of dentistry.. no I never failed πŸ˜› It was my 3rd year exams in 2009 and I did pretty well. Didn’t expect i would do this level after just a month of preparation of whole year of curriculum. Good luck, support from friends, support from family and everyone. I just have 1 more year to go now, and pass out!
  • Got a Nokia N85 – Not that i don’t have or use phones! πŸ˜› I used N70, iPhone, Sony Ericsson w950 and couple others, but finally after I got the N85 my online reach was made pretty much easier! Love you Nokia for making my tweeting life so easy and faster.

What happened unexpectedly wrong?

• Scammed by a friend – The first lesson i learned by trusting a friend, got scammed and then still had to keep silent as it was somewhere my fault trusting him so much. Unexpected, but thank god it happened so much earlier than my trust on him increases and I would have been screwed big time.
  • Clashes with few friends.. I’m not telling that this all is bad, but it happened unexpectedly and only time can tell what was good and what was not. Friends in both my online world, as well as offline world.. I didn’t deserve to be a friend of few, and a few didn’t deserve to be a part of my life. As if they were born with an aim to ruin my life.. but happy to have tackled most of them away by now!
  • Never met old friends – This year was so hard for me, that I could stay online and be active but never got a chance to meet my old school or college friends. They call me up, keep asking me where I am and when I would be meeting. Am not sure what made me not go meet them, but one thing might be.. having met many new people, i could not find time for my old ones. Should remember “Old is Gold” and go ahead this year, reunite with everyone!
  • Lost interest in studies – The most serious part of my life.. which I should be trying to concentrate on, in 2010. Its my final year and very badly my studies are hit and the interest has not been the same. Should either gain inspiration, or try some ways to increase concentration, or some other ways to get better in my studies..

What should I expect from 2010?

2009 has not been that bad to me, but things went the other way. Year 2010, please be good to me!! I want things to be fair this year..

• I want to pass out the final year!
  • Should make my blogs better in condition. Poor them, i didn’t care much and could not post much in my tech blogs, just this blog was being updated with random scrapping every few days.
  • UTILIZE any time spent online. Not just tweeting or chatting, but doing more things is necessary, and I’ve been missing it the whole of 2009.

Lets hope the year 2010 brings out everything as we expect. HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010 to every reader, friend and closed one.

32 Comments

1. Sudatta says:

Don’t worry you’ll exceed your expectations. If you don’t I’ll push you πŸ˜›

2. harish iyer says:

aiiiyyyo da Chetan… what deep an evaluation.

I toh plan only for now… and make a promise to myself…

“this moment is mine and i will live it truly and completely”

2009 has been one of the best years… but then.. even 2010 will be. πŸ™‚

love you… and thank you for being my friend in 2009…

and as for our friendship in 2010.. HELLO! As if you have a choice… I will stick with you in thick and thin like glue WOHKAY…

Love you friend.

Harish

3. Chetan says:

Su,
    Mwah!! I know and am happy to have people like you around πŸ˜€

Harish,
    I always have you in mind whenever i am on a point of taking a strong decision, or fall weak. You are a strength inspiration, and you will always be πŸ™‚

Will always love to have you as my friend!

4. RoH says:

You surely are on a roll man!
    An amazing and unconventional list of things that you want to do in 2010.
    You have rocked on in 2009 and so will you in 2010. All my good wishes.. Cheers! πŸ™‚

5. Chetan says:

Roh.

Am happy to have met you online in 2009, that was one of the reasons why I rocked more? πŸ™‚
    Wish you the same success in 2010!

6. TinaDaja says:

Your year 2009 wasnt that bad, so for 2010 you only have to bring things in the right row.
    You will see 2010 rocks ! for you and others too! #ddgang
    All the best – God is always with you.
    Tina

7. navneet says:

well written and nice post…naaice to meet sumone like you here on twitter….keep writing…god bless you:-)

8. Bharath says:

Life is very beautiful when pain n smile both exists… a learning experience keep going good.. always have our wishes n love.
    Happy new year.

9. Shweta says:

Loved the post. Great analysis. Great going friend !

10. Asif says:

thanks for sharing you things with us chetan.
    you are an awsome guy, always there to help people,
    friends like you are very tough to find, few things available in scarce are more in demand.
    I am glad that i met you online.
    Hoe your next year give you whatever you want.

11. Chetan says:

Tina ji,
    Thanks and wish you the same! πŸ™‚

navneet ji,
    nice to meet you too online!! Happy new year to you too.

Bharath,
    Happy new year to you too.

Shweta,
    Heh. thanks for the appreciation!

Asif,
    Dude you touched me! πŸ™‚ Am glad too to have you as a good friend always!
    Wish you the same for 2010. Good luck.

12. Shamz911 says:

Fikhar not when I am here…

Its been a tough lest days in 2009, things will be better, bloody soon… be cheerful always, your smile makes a world smile…

Cheers.. πŸ™‚

13. Sourav Ghosh says:

Hi Chetan! Really liked your post. Twitter made my life changed in 2009 too. May be you don’t know much of me, but you know when I first joined twitter and couldn’t understand much of it, I learned a lot following you and your gang. Awesome relation between you and your friends first made me understood the potential of Twitter, that’s why today I got many great friends in twitter too. I can never thank you enough for this.

I pray to god, that your every wish for 2010 be fulfilled. Have a great life ahead.

14. Chetan says:

Shamz,
    Bro you are the best always πŸ˜€ My smile makes everyone smile, but you are the one who sometimes make me smile!
    Happy new year!!

Sourav,
    I know much of you actually, have been following you. Just the interactions are less na? πŸ™‚
    DDGang has always been great and thankful for people who appreciate it and understand what it produces within for every gang member! I hold both twitter and the gang as well for being a big strength to my social presence!

thanks for the prayers and wishes! Happy new year and god bless you too.

15. Chetan says:

Hey Chetan, Happy New Year to you and may all your dreams and wishes come true in 2010. Best of luck and good post!

– Chetan

16. NeoBluePanther says:

Nice post. To be honest, it felt like reading something that was going on in my mind – other than the fact of me passing out of college almost 8 years ago. Reducing online time is hard to do, but making productive use of it is something that can be done by making a few changes here and there. I am trying to do the same myself.

Hope 2010 is a great year for you!

17. rahul says:

Here’s wishing a rocking year to the sizzling chetan πŸ™‚

Best of luck buddy for all your resolutions..

18. Looks like a lot had happened in 2009. You post has many ” It happened to me ” moments. I’ve been through a lot of similar situations.

Lets hope 2010 gives you whatever you want.

Keep rocking \m/

Happy New Year

Twenty Ten is OURS

19. Aditi says:

yes I agree to this. Twitter was one of the best things that could happen in #2009
    So luky to meet u there. πŸ™‚

All the best for the year ahead and life. Keep rocking
    Cheers! πŸ˜€

20. Chetan says:

Chetan,
    thanks for the wishes! πŸ™‚ same to u!

neobluepanther,
    Yep lets try to be more productive online πŸ™‚ hope you too have an awesome year ahead.

rahul,
    Hehe thanks dude. wish you the same!

Prasanth,
    So you too are a similar case of people with whom things happening unexpectedly. πŸ™‚ Lets rock 2010, its ours! πŸ˜€

Aditi,
    Am also glad and lucky to meet u there. You too keep rocking πŸ™‚

21. Shantanu says:

Chetan Bhai!

Twitter changed a lot of equations. Wouldn’t have met you otherwise. Also you’ll learn to handle ‘trust’ soon, even if it happens after a few setbacks.

More patients to you and healthy teeth to me!

Cheers!

– @tantanoo

22. rahul says:

hey,thanks for your wishes dude.Hope 2010 is a great year for you!.may your dreams ful fil and hope you will get when you want in in 2010.
    once again thanks for this great post and i wish you a very happy new year.

23. Surubhi Chowdhry says:

Every year brings new lessons in life…..learn from them and move on. Just keep the faith. And the best part is that as we go along we only remember the good times……the bad times blur over time and dissapear. Keep smiling and ROCK in 2010 πŸ™‚

24. wafaa says:

hi
    it was really great….watever u wrote up der is direct ….all da best for your life….i m sure u wud rock…nd u wud get thru… da final year…….take care…..keep rocking…..good to have a really grt frnd like u ,,,,…keep in touch……

25. Kirti says:

I don’t know what to say,every new day teaches us a lot.Learn ur lessons n move forward πŸ™‚ Keep smiling Kiddo

26. Chetan says:

Shantanu bhai,
    I wouldn’t have met you otherwise na πŸ™‚ i always rush to read your tweets whenever i see you on my timeline! that’s how you are πŸ™‚
    Love you bro!!

rahul,
    thanks and wish you the same! πŸ™‚

Suru,
    You too keep smiling.. always been a teacher for me on how to be happy and keep smiling. hope to be the same with u! πŸ™‚

wafaa,
    thanks for the wishes! i too am happy to have a good friend like u πŸ˜€

Kittu,
    you said something at least na πŸ™‚ love you and happy to have found u on twitter!! yep learned a lot already, and moving on! Happy new year!!

27. H Natarajan says:

Best wishes, Chetan πŸ™‚

28. Chetan says:

Natty,

Sir thanks for the wishes! You too have an awesome year ahead.

29. Aditya says:

Chetan,

Are you a gemini by any chance? Just want to know… πŸ™‚

30. Chetan says:

Aditya,

No am a scorpio (3rd nov) πŸ™‚ why why??

31. Aditya says: